Not many franchise’s can say they’ve won back-to-back titles. The Tampa Bay Lightning can now claim that with their second consecutive championship season.
*Because of lockdown madness, the 2020-21 NHL season will have the four divisions playing against each other in their regions. This is a breakdown of my prediction for the Stanley Cup Playoff participants for the 2020-21 season. The top 4 teams from each division will play each other in the first two rounds. Then what would be the Conference Finals, the four remaining teams will be ranked 1-4 on their regular season point totals. The one-seed will play the fourth-seed and the second-seed will play the third-seed.
1. Tampa Bay Lightning vs. 4. New Jersey Devils
2. Toronto Maple Leafs vs. 3. Boston Bruins
1. Washington Capitals vs. 4. Florida Panthers
2. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 3. Carolina Hurricanes
1. Nashville Predators vs. 4. Dallas Stars
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 3. Colorado Avalanche
1. Vegas Golden Knights vs. 4. Winnipeg Jets
2. Calgary Flames vs. 3. San Jose Sharks
In their 51 years of existence, they’ve been to four Stanley Cup Finals. They lost the first three appearances during their first three years in the NHL. In those 51 years they also made the playoffs 42 times. All in all they have had a lot of success, but haven’t been able to hoist the Cup until now.