They’re Fine, Relax
All the memes about how Tom Brady is an old man are pretty funny, but if you think for a moment that the New England Patriots won’t be contenders for the Super Bowl this year, you’re kidding yourself.
1. Tampa Bay Lightning
They can’t have a repeat of last year and they shouldn’t.
2. Toronto Maple Leafs
This is a crucial year for this group to finally live up to their potential.
3. Boston Bruins
After coming up short in the Stanley Cup final, they’re still contenders once again.
4. Florida Panthers
They have a new goaltender and a Stanley Cup winning coach to go with their high powered offense.
5. Montreal Canadiens
The health of goalie Carey Price will determine their fate this season.
6. Buffalo Sabres
Once again they made a coaching change, but their talent pool is as deep as it’s ever been.
7. Detroit Red Wings
With Steve Yzerman now in charge it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for them to be contenders.
8. Ottawa Senators
The long rebuild continues north of the border.
1. Tampa Bay Lightning vs. 4. New Jersey Devils
2. Toronto Maple Leafs vs. 3. Boston Bruins
1. Washington Capitals vs. 4. Florida Panthers
2. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 3. Carolina Hurricanes
1. Nashville Predators vs. 4. Dallas Stars
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 3. Colorado Avalanche
1. Vegas Golden Knights vs. 4. Winnipeg Jets
2. Calgary Flames vs. 3. San Jose Sharks